Your Sugar Land Apartment Safety Tips
The most important thing about living in the Enclave at Woodbridge Apartments is your safety and comfort; we work to make your apartment a home where you feel safe and secure around the clock. Still, there are simple steps you can take to make your family and yourself more secure. Here are a few simple, everyday precautions to help you better protect your apartment and yourself.
1. Stay up to date on your renter’s insurance. Make sure that your insurance can cover the amount of your property, and that you have renter’s insurance to protect your interests should anything happen to your apartment.
2. Get to know your neighbors- They can help watch over your apartment when you are away. They can also tell you if they see anything suspicious going on, and keep you up to date with any community emergencies or happenings.
3. Use popular staircases and elevators so that you don’t isolate yourself. When walking back from the store, having a buddy to walk with you or someone expecting you home ensures that it will be noticed quickly if something were to happen.
4. Don’t leave doors unlocked- Even if you’re going to check your mail or walk your dog, make sure you always lock your door.
5. Check smoke alarms- You always want to make sure your smoke alarms are functioning correctly. Be sure and change the batteries at least once a year, and to notify the staff at Enclave if you have any worries about the equipment.
These tips may seem like common sense, but it’s always good to remind yourself of them. Even in the safest areas and communities, it never hurts to be aware. What little things do you do around the apartment to make yourself more secure?